Saturday, March 3, 2012

Run for Relief

 Last Saturday over 300 people from the Chiang Mai area ran a 5k for the purpose of helping those who daily live on the run. This is the 8th annual Run for Relief here- there might be one in your area....
See what the website is saying about Burma, etc  http://runforrelief.org/   
and check out this video.....http://runforrelief.org/video.html

Yes, we are crazy and we ran in flip flops! There was a special category for people doing the run in flip flops. The point of this group was to show what it is like for many people in Burma, who run with only flip flops. It was great fun and I just ended up using different muscles to try to keep the flip flops on! My feet survived! For those who keep asking; we ran it in 32 minutes. My friend Annalisa ran with me the whole way...she also ran the 10k with me!

For some reason the people running in the flip flop division got a "Oregon Senior Olympics" bib instead of just a plain one. I guess if we run in flip flops we will get old sooner?

The finish line...before the race started....(we had to run by it at the very beginning).

The back of my shirt and the free flip flops I got for running in flip flops...
I picked the orange flip flops in honor of my nephews....


1 comment:

  1. Very cool Karla! Orange is really in right now too! Lol(but seriously it is)!!!

    ReplyDelete