Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bikes and other things...

This post has a few different topics...

1. I got a new bike a couple of weeks ago and I just had to compare my old bike and this one...

My new bike is in the middle...

New bike in the front...a mongoose
Old bike behind
Another angle

As you can see...My new bike is more my size and my knees don't hurt so much when I ride it!  It also has  gears- imagine that- I can actually change the gears to make it easier to pedal! I am loving my bike! 

2.I went to a show put on by Rajanakarindra Institute of Child Development here in Chiang Mai and Interact Theater Company from Minnesota
It was called Wake Up and Dream (waking up to the potential and talents of people with disabilities)
A number of people from school went watch with me and it was neat to see people with all different disabilities share their talents to make a fun show. 

 They are building this center (shaped like a piano) to be a therapy center. I really hope to go and see it sometime it looks so neat!  http://www.ricd.go.th/jvalun/ioverview.htm 

 3. Lastly...just thought I would show you my Thai outfit- on Fridays the teachers in the public schools in Thailand will dress in traditional Thai outfits and so many teachers at our school will join them as well. The flip flops are actually from Brasil:) but they are pink...so...they matched nicely. I took this photo by myself so sorry for the poor quality. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your new bike is working well for you. Cool piano building - and I really like your traditional Thai dress! Are the flowers embroidered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie...I think they are embroidered...some of the thread is already coming undone...I need to ask some of my Thai friends if that is common and what to do about it! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete