Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving

When you work at an international school you don't always get your country's holidays off. This is now the 3rd time that I have had to teach on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving night a bunch of the singles from the school and other missions went to a family's house for a Thanksgiving supper. This family usually has all the singles over on Tuesday nights, so they just switched the nights that week. 

On Saturday some of the staff from the school got together for a Thanksgiving potluck. We had yummy food and great fellowship! There were mostly people from the states, but we did have families from Korea, Canada, and South Africa join us. 

I helped with the set-up and amazingly enough I was the one that  knew where to get flowers and how to get there! 


My lovely roommate helping the men carver the Turkeys! We got real Turkeys even though they are very expensive here!


Enjoying the food!


The MC trying to tell funny Thanksgiving jokes. 

What would Thanksgiving Day be like without some American football? One of  the men taped the Lion/Packer game and they played it on the projector screens. Unfortunately I had already heard who won, but I still cheered hard for the Lions until half time when they turned off the game.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karla! I enjoyed reading your blog until the last sentence. Boo Hoo to YOU!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni Jenni- You know I had to say that! I can't cheer for the Packers....

    ReplyDelete