Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas with the Templetons

I was able to spend Christmas with a family that I spent Christmas Eve with in Brasil! What a blessing. Andy is already planning another Christmas on another continent with me. I guess it is pretty neat that I have had Christmas in three different continents and two with the Templetons. Since we had already spent a Christmas Eve together Gina was able to help me make Rommergrot, yummy! 

Since Christmas was on a Sunday this year we decided to start celebrating early. After riding on an elephant (watch for a post about that) on Friday morning I packed my bag and went over to the Templetons' for an early Christmas Eve. We made the Rommergrot, Lefsa, etc and the boys got one present- beanbags. After that we watched a movie and cleaned up the kitchen:)

"Christmas" morning was on Saturday for us. We opened presents and then had brunch, Gina had made a yummy egg bake and we had cinnamon rolls. Then it was clean up and cookie time. Gina, Josh and I decorated sugar cookies. We played some games and got a late dinner/ early supper ready. We had chicken enchiladas with Andy's sister and brother-in-law. Then more clean up and games!

The real Christmas morning I ran a 10k (more about that in another post:)) and then got to church on time. After church I went out to eat with the Templetons and then back to their house for more games! We love Ticket to Ride: Europe and Bohnanza:) In the evening I chatted with my mom (6am her time) and played more games at my friend's house. The next morning I got up at 6am to skype with the family- it was fun to see many of the relatives! So that was my 1st Christmas in Thailand. Here are some photos of the fun!

Eating Rommergrot


Family photo?!?!

Mom and Erica...Josh loved his catalog and would love for you to save the others when you get them!

Nate enjoyed looking through it as well...I bought that cool angry bird hat for Gina!

I think this was the 2nd and last time she has worn the hat...
I gave it to her to wear when we went camping...
she didn't- I did haha
Andy can't wait for crazy hat day at school....

Nate got an angry bird from Josh....

Christmas Day and a new bike= only time you can ride it in the house!

Beanbags and a new Wii game- they were happy all morning!


Look at those beautiful cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment