Thursday, December 29, 2011

Royal Flora

The Royal Flora first opened in 2006 to celebrate the King's 60th year of reign here in Thailand. It has been open since that time but it is a big deal this year because the King turned 84 in December. I went with a few friends to visit it over our Christmas break. Enjoy the photos that are out of order (just warning you!)!

It is close enough to bike too...so Annalisa and I took our bikes and we parked
with the "bikes." Yes, we are tough biker chicks! 

I borrowed Annalisa's  umbrella to have fun with the Thai ones!

Elephants made out of plants...

Took this picture for my dad- we are true Danes! I also had frozen yogurt
at the same place.

Orchid gardens

yes the three orchid animals

A prize for the 1st person to comment and tell me why I took this picture
and mail from Thailand for everyone who guesses as well!

The cows reminded me of the Snoopys in St. Paul
-at the Netherlands garden

As Annalisa would say "No wonder we have trouble buying shoes here!"
-at the Netherlands garden

The sign by the exit...always reminds me of Toy Story

The entrance by the sun and water guys...we even wore the right colors! 



There were many gardens from different countries...so the Canadian had
to have a photo by the Canada sign- in her Canada shirt!

Not sure what this was....but it was interesting...


The interesting tunnel with gourds hanging down from the vines!

6 comments:

  1. viking colors...duh! football!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the tunnel...I want to go there. I saw a lot of beautiful gardens in Bangkok, but this looks like it beats all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting twice mom...good thing I already have an amazing few gifts for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You like purple and yellow together for some very strange reason I cannot understand, except for the fact that you grew up in MN and were brain washed into thinking the Vikings are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm Heather...I think you don't get mail just for saying that...I like the Vikings and was not brain washed....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i knew it was the vikings but i just read your post today!!! :) those flowers were beautiful...question: are you going to have purple and yellow be your colors for your wedding? because then you should definitely get beautiful bouquets for your bridesmaids that look like those flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete