Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gifts for Merit


Here is a street of different little shops....
This shop has all different things you can give to the Monks for merit.
There are pre-packaged gifts of food, etc for the Monks. The Monks go around the neighborhoods every morning collecting their alms. I am told that when they go around the neighborhoods they usually receive rice, etc for them to eat that day.
When I was at one Wat it looked like a bunch of Easter baskets were stacked up in the corner. I learned later that they are just the gifts that people bring the Monks.

I am so grateful that I know the Savior who has already paid the price for my salvation!
 I don't deserve the free gift of salvation and I never could earn it, yet because of God's great love for me I only need to accept the gift.

2 comments:

  1. oh, it would be so fun to come and visit! But alas, that is not going to happen. Sitting here with a sick one today...it has been a quiet afternoon!

    ReplyDelete