Sunday, October 16, 2011

Food....a very important part of the Thai culture...2

Here is where I get a lot of my meals, especially when I lived with Gina and family. This "food court" is in the market area and we would eat there at least once a week. When your meal costs 1 US dollar you might as well eat out as it is cheaper than cooking your own food.


One of my favorite meals- Cashew Chicken. They eat their food with a fork and spoon. You use the fork to help get the food on the spoon and then you actually eat with the spoon. I now eat this way as well except when I am trying to eat salad...the lettuce just won't stay on the spoon!

Here we all are for Lucas' birthday lunch. Some of the people didn't really want their pictures taken, oh well!

This was my first "real" meal in Thailand, but we forgot to take a picture so we took one another time we went  out to eat there. It is called Khao Soy and since it has noodles they do use chopsticks. It is more of a northern Thai dish.


This is a lamyai (longan) tree in the school yard. This "fall" they would pick them off of the trees for lunch and they also sold them at the snack shop. I really enjoyed their unique taste.

Here is one open...you just the clear part and there is a seed in the middle that you have to spit out.


This is me showing off the whole bunch of lamyai that I got from school. I am also reminding all you Packer fans that I am still cheering for the Vikes even though they aren't doing so good and I can't watch any of the games because they start at midnight my time.
GO VIKINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment