Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Transportation....

I decided that you might be getting tired of pictures of the zoo....so I thought a post about transportation might be fun. There will have to be two parts to this one as well because I need to add the photos of me riding and then "driving" a motorbike. So enjoy this first look into my transportation/parking experiences in Thailand.

This picture shows you how I have gotten to church every Sunday. There is another boy in the back of the truck, but the rest of us like the A/C.

Gina likes driving on the wrong side of the car and road! They don't like it when I say "wrong" it should be on the "other side" or "different side" or the left side of the road....right side of the road, etc. The major roads are separated so you sometimes forget that you are on the "other" side of the road. You have to make a lot of U turns to get to where you want to go....
Elephant stuff is everywhere! Here are some little bushes that were trimmed to look like elephants. One of the malls is in the background of the photo. I know that this isn't really about driving...but elephants can be a form of transportation and I see elephant statues, bushes, etc all the time when I am in the truck.
The motorbike parking lot at the mall. There are so many bikes everywhere. I will try to get some pictures of them driving down the road with 3 or more people on one bike. They will be holding little babies, etc.
In parking lots and ramps the cars will park like this photo shows. The cars that are parallel parked are just pushed out of the way if someone who is parked in a "real" spot needs to get out, etc.






1 comment: