Friday, November 11, 2011

October Break...heading to Phuket, Thailand

 Yes, I am actually updating my blog with some pictures of my October break in Thailand. When we got to the airport we did everything that we were told to do....


We love it when they say silly things in English...yes we know they wanted us to take pictures by the beautiful  flowers...but it is more fun to take pictures by the sign that says "Snap here!"


I went on this short vacation with two girls that work with me. Laura was in the first picture and she is from Iowa and has been here for about a year. Annalisa is in the picture with me and she has been here for a couple of years. They also both live fairly close to me.


After a long day at school and then landing in Phuket at 1am this is what greeted us...nice golden sheets and little fabric hearts on the beds...Wow! We were ready to go to sleep so I guess it wasn't that bad!



The next day we left for the next hotel. We decided that we could be tourist on this trip- you should always "wai" those older than you first...
Laura and I enjoyed being just like the statues at the front of our hotel. I know the Iowa girl and Minnesota girl really look Thai!

The bathroom in our hotel had a huge window (that you couldn't see through when closed) it was funny when you first walked into the room and you could see right into the bathroom! Of course we had to take a picture...ok so it was my idea...but you probably already knew that....
This was the pool that was at our hotel.
 Another view of our hotel room....we loved this hotel and would recommend it to others!
The beds are pretty close to the ground and this one had the same bed frame but two beds...
The next post will have the pretty and fun pictures of the beaches that we visited and a story about our crazy tour boat trip to a little island....that reminded me of a song..."a three hour tour, a three hour tour"

No comments:

Post a Comment