Thursday, November 3, 2011

My GOD is so BIG

I have been going to a local orphanage with some of the high school students on Fridays. It is suppose to be about two times a month, but we have only gone two times so far this year. It is one of the ministry opportunities that the students can choose to participate in through the school. Two seniors are in charge with an adult helping them as needed. It is kind of like a big brother/big sister program, as each student gets paired up with one of the children at the orphanage. They play for a while and then have a time of prayer with the students.

Here is their website if you are interested in learning more about the orphanage:



Here the students are pushing some of the kids in a cart.
I was able to go and visit the toddlers in their room (they don't come outside with the older students). They were so cute and we played and played. I think this is where I will be most of the time as I am not assigned an older student and it is easier to play with kids who don't care if you don't speak Thai!
They have verses and songs up in the room in English and I noticed the song, "My God is so big." I started singing it and the kids laughed and laughed (I know what you are thinking...and I don't think they were laughing because of my terrible singing), but by the end they were doing the hand motions with me! Here is one of the girls helping sing, "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty..."

2 comments: