Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thoughts from 10:30pm-2:30am

Just talking to myself for a few hours- awake from 10:30pm-2:30am
* without power

  • Wow, my fan really does cool down the room at night! 
  • I am so hot right now.
  • You shouldn't complain in a few months you are going to be freezing in Minnesota.
  • I am sweating and I am just laying here on the bed.
  • Maybe if I open the outside door it will be cooler.
  • Ok, that didn't help at all. I can just hear the dogs barking...
  • Some people never have power- so stop complaining
  • Close your eyes and try to sleep....hmmm maybe it is almost morning- nope only a half an hour has past.
  • I am dripping with sweat....
  • You should really not complain others in the neighborhood were without power for over twelve hours last night. It has only been one hour.
  • Oh, I hope school isn't canceled because of no power- I want to see my students and get things done.
  • When will it come on...there is curfew so probably no one is working on it.
  • Maybe if I lay on my side it will be better...not as much of me will be touching the mattress. 
  • I feel like I am on a heated mattress. 
  • A mattress like this would be nice in the cold weather, so stop complaining.
  • I should probably get a drink of water, because I have been sweating for the last couple of hours.
  • Ok it is a little cooler downstairs...
  • I should sleep on the tile floor and not the couch because it would be cooler.
  • (after laying down on a sheet on the floor) This is SO nice! I can't believe how comfortable I am on this tile floor.

The power came back on at 2:30am and we got to go to school. 

I feel so bad about complaining when I know so many go without power all the time or at least most of the time. It just goes to show how much we take for granted. In my defense it was probably in the high 90s in my upstairs room. I thought it wouldn't be that bad because I only use one little fan....but that makes a world of difference ( I learned:)).



No comments:

Post a Comment