Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Book List of 2013

Here are the books I finished in 2013- I also read lots of picture books that I didn't count :) I almost finished reading all the Caldecott books- none of which I counted in my total. 
My goal was to read 36 books and I made it to 46 :) 

Top books from different categories would have to be:
Crazy Love by Francis Chan (Christian Living category)
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (fiction category)
The Book Whisper by Donalyn Miller (professional category)
Stay Alive, My Son by Pin Yathay (Auto-biography category)

Goal for 2014 will be to read 50 books and hopefully finish reading the Newbery books. I will post the start of my book list soon.... 

1. Wonder  by R.J. Palacio (it was great and I would recommend it for people from 10 to 100)
2. Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett 
4. The Book Whisper by Donalyn Miller (great book for teachers and librarians :)) 
5. Raising Dragons by Bryan Davis 
6. Joni by Joni Eareckson 
7. Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst
8. Rifles for Watie by Harold Keith
9. The Tanglewood's Secret by Patricia St. John
10. Hobbit by R.J. Tolkien (My mom read this to me and my nephews :))
11. The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox
12. Teaching with Love and Logic by Jim Fay and David Funk (Many of the teachers at my school use this approach to help with classroom management)
13. The Giver by Lois Lowry
14. The Field Guide by Tony DiTerlizzi
15. The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket  
16. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
17. The Shack by William P. Young
18. The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
19. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
20.William Carey by Janet & Geoff Benge
21. Sarah Plain and Tall
22. Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
23. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
24. Crazy Love by Francis Chan
25. Ten Boys Who Changed the World by Irene Howat (a very easy read about 10 famous boys- such as Billy Graham, Eric Liddell, John Newton, etc. It takes you through their whole lives in a quick 10 page overview for each person.) 
26. Blue Like Jazz by Don Miller
27. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
28. Mai Pen Rai: means never mind by Carol Hollinger 
29.  Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
30. Naked Bunyip Dancing by Steven Herrick
31. Enjoying the Presence of God by Jan Johnson
32. The Gold-Threaded Dress by Carolyn Marsden
33. The Life of Rice: From Seedling to Supper by Richard Sobol
34. Private Peaceful Michael Morpurgo
35. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
36. Stay Alive, My Son by Pin Yathay
37. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
38. A View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg
39. Out of the Dust
40. Plan B: What Do You Do When God Doesn't Show Up The Way You Thought He Would? By Pete Wilson
41. Reckless Faith: Let Go and Be Led by Beth Guckenberger
42. Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes  by Eleanor Coerr
43. kira-kira by Cynthia Kadohata
44. Double Fudge by Judy Blume
45. Franny K. Stein Mad Scientist: Lunch Walks Among Us Jim Benton
46. Adoniram Judson: Bound for Burma by Janet & Geoff Benge



2 comments: