Saturday, January 5, 2013

School Trip: Floating Market, Rama VI Palace, and Dinner on the River

So back in October of 2012 I went on a "field trip" with Thai students from my school and a bunch of staff from the school...and I am just now writing about it :) 
It was a whirlwind trip- We left on Friday at 6pm via two buses and traveled through the night.... 

On Saturday morning we went to a floating market where we had breakfast and could see all that people were selling from the comfort of our own boat! 

Breakfast- Thai Style 


After the floating market we got back on the bus and went to a Shadow Theater...but I have too many pictures of that so it will be in another post :)

We ate lunch at Big C Shopping Center...one of my favorite places in Thailand (like a Wal-Mart with a food court). Then we went to visit King Rama VI's Palace....

Then after another bus ride we managed to get to the restaurant- and had dinner on a raft! We were pulled down the Kwaii River by a little boat.






After dinner we headed to a hotel for the night and arrived after making about 6 U-turns! Let me tell you after a night on a bus and two boat trips I still felt like I was moving when I went to bed! 

2 comments:

  1. Karla, how do you get your blog formatted so nicely?! It looks awesome and great pics!Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know....it is just a format that I picked, I guess. I can't remember what it is called. I actually just get lazy and pretty much all my posts look the same :)

      Delete