Friday, April 20, 2012

Sunrise Service

Tami and I went with our Thai teacher, Kruu Meow, to her church's Easter Sunrise Service. They (her parents, friend, and Kruu Meow) picked us up at 4:30am. We drove to one of the near by mountains and went about 1/3rd of the way up it to a small pavillion to have the service. It was all in Thai so Kruu Meow translated for us. There were about 20 people at the service. 

view from the service



Then we went to our international church where I taught my 2 year old class. After church my roommates and friend picked up some chicken and sticky rice to eat along with cold pizza for our Easter dinner:) We had a big thunderstorm in the afternoon so we enjoyed watching a movie and spending time together. For supper I went to my friend Gina's house (where I lived when I first got here) with another couple of families and we ate hamburgers that had been cooked on the grill, potato salad, chips, jello, beans, etc! It felt a little like the 4th of July, because of the food and the hot weather!

On Good Friday we had a little dinner and service at our house. There were about 12 of us here to eat, sing, and pray. It was a great time of reflection and encouragement. 

All in all I had a wonderful weekend celebrating Jesus' death and resurrection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment