Thursday, February 28, 2013

Run for Relief take 2

Some of my blog posts are sounding very similar like I have done these same things before....hmmm. Maybe I have lived in one place for too long again! ha I often laugh that ever since college I haven't stayed at one school for more than 2 years. Before this year I never had the same position at a school for more than 1 year. All that to say....this year is the 2nd time for many things...like the Run for Relief.

The race is to raise money for those who are always on the run in Burma/Myanmar. See more info about the race at http://runforrelief.org/ 

This race meant so much more to me as less than a week before I had gone to visit a village in Thailand where some students I help with English on Monday nights live. These people all came from Burma and are living on land here in Thailand that the King gave them. They came from an area in Burma that currently is still fighting. This year I was running the race knowing more about the many different ethnic groups in Burma and of some of the hardships they have faced.



Yes, I once again ran in flip flops, as many of the people in Burma still run for their lives in flip-flops. I was close to my flip-flop "record" of 32 minutes....I actually think I might have knocked a minute off of my time.

Run for Relief has races around the world...maybe there is one in your neighborhood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment