Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bulletin Boards...Copyright?


I often look up ideas for my bulletin boards on the internet. Last month as my wonderful 11th grade TA and I were putting up the "It's "Snow" secret we love books" he mentioned how clever it was, so I confused that I had gotten the idea from the internet which lead us to the discussion of copyright laws.

So I ask you....do Bulletin Boards have copyrights like books and such? Have I been wrong this whole time about taking bulletin board ideas from the pinterest (no account just look at other people's stuff) or is it "free game." I always change it up and make it my own...but I need those clever sayings to help me start thinking :)

I really think that it is perfectly fine to do this...but thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples' thoughts on the topic.

You are more than welcome to use all of my ideas of the ideas I have found for your bulletin boards :)
Book covers and snowflakes....

Can't really see but those are penguins on sleds

This was all my own....the kids wrote book recommendations
that I typed up and I took their pictures holding the books
to add some color, etc

I found this idea somewhere- internet or book...
and used it last year and saved all the pieces
...so I could just put it up again this year!


2 comments:

  1. well, I would definitely say that it is fine and something I would do! Seems unlikely anyone would mind ideas like these being used-such good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if they put it on the internet, I would say it is fair game!

    ReplyDelete