Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sights and Sounds around my house...

This little guy was in our kitchen the other day, but he wasn't very little or quiet. I have put a link to wikipedia so you can learn more about a Tokay. They are super loud and it sounds like they are saying "tokay" over and over again. 
I am also told that if they bite you they won't let go- it is said that you would have to put it in water and then they let go or you just head to the hospital to get it removed. I read that they might let go after a little while...but also could hold on for over an hour. Don't know who would just do nothing for an hour with a Tokay attached to them...but maybe they are on the way to the doctor. 
As I write this I am listening to the Tokay call from outside my window. I must admit that I didn't take this photo (got it of wikipedia) and my kitchen is technically outside so he wasn't IN the house. That being said I was in the kitchen making pancakes right before I found him...We tried for a long time to get rid of him but then he escaped so that is why I still hear "tokay, tokay" more than 50 times a day/night. 
I must also admit that I just talked to the Tokay to tell him that I was writing about him....it gets lonely some nights:)


I was trying to get a picture of this truck with a huge, high load...but it drove by too quickly....
Two people on a motorbike is nothing....I have yet to get a good picture of 3+ people on a bike. I think the most I have seen is 5. My friend said she saw two men and a COW on a motorbike...others have seen pigs and dogs....people carrying wooded chairs and tables...etc

 Cows just graze along side the roads...I think that they are sometimes on a rope...probably so their owner can find them again.

Sometimes I forget what is "different" from the US! I guess I will remember when I get back next month. Here's hoping that I drive on the right side of the road.....


1 comment:

  1. I saw a lot of that in more rural areas of China as well. I always admired their skill, seriously. Carrying a large animal on a small motor bike is amazing.

    ReplyDelete