Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Agape Swimming Party

Many of you know that I have been helping my friend/co-worker take a number of students to Agape Home, an orphanage for kids with HIV/AIDS, about twice a month on Friday afternoon/evenings. This last Saturday the kids came here to Grace to have pizza, swim, and say good-bye to their "buddies" for the summer. Hopefully many of the students will be able to go back to Agape next year in the same program. 
The seniors said their final good-byes...

The group

Swimming

I will be helping again next year as my friend is getting married and wanted some extra help with the program. There is a senior and junior every year that co-lead the group.  Then the next year the junior serves again as a senior and is able to train in the junior. It works very well and they do most of the work and communicating with the Grace students. I am looking forward to getting to know both the Agape and Grace kids better and I am working on my Thai so that I can actually talk to the kids:)

Check out Agape's website:

No comments:

Post a Comment