Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 3 Chiang Rai

The last day of our adventure was spent in Chiang Rai (well the morning at least). We walked around the hotel grounds and after checking out of the hotel we were on our way with our bags and a map. We found the bus station and then wandered around the area until taking a break at a Scandinavian bakery- for two reasons- A/C and food! Then we were off to the bus station and the bus that would take us back to Chiang Mai. We had a nice 3 hour bus ride with A/C and then a songtaew ride to the mall, since it was cheaper to go there then all the way to our road. We ate supper at the mall and then headed home on our normal yellow songtaew:) No new adventures in Chiang Mai- it felt good to be "home"!

On top of the turtle at the hotel pool...

Cool tree hanging over the pool...Annalisa wouldn't climb on it for some reason....

                                      
Outside of our room

Hotel sign...

again the sign


Look at me with my bag on my back...let me tell you the back of my shirt was SO wet with sweat by the time we got to the bus station!

We liked taking pictures of signs on this trip..

I never have ridden on one of these...I would feel so bad for the person having to pedal:0 

A dog on the back or front of a motorbike is very common

There you have it...my trip to the Golden Triangle area of Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment