Friday, August 23, 2013

Chinelos

I am so excited to say that I got new chinelos (Portuguese for flip-flops) from Brasil!
 I am so excited for my new Havaianas and Ipanemas.

I had my Havaianas for about 4 years and wore them pretty much everyday! I also ran two 5k "Run for Relief" races in them. We have Havaianas here at the Night Bazaar, but I am pretty sure that they aren't really Havaianas just say have the name on them. 

This is why I just kept wearing my old ones...UNTIL this summer when my friend, Lydia, bought me not just one pair of chinelos BUT two in Brasil. She then brought them to the US where she left them with my friend and neighbor (in Thailand) who brought them all the way to Thailand for me!

They are wonderful and I am so happy and my feet are sooooo happy!

Here are some photos so you can all see my wonderful new chinelos and my old ones.

Just so you can see the difference....

and another view...they are actually lined up and the same
size just got worn down....alot

The two new pairs of chinelos

5 comments:

  1. Next time you come home I'll have to try a pair on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one of each?

      Delete
    2. I will bring my old pair too...you can mix and match...

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! So... what's the difference between Havaianas and Ipanemas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a different brand, I guess... I think the Ipanemas are softer...

      Delete