Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thai Lessons

I haven't talked about my Monday evenings very much but they are full of fun and learning! My roommate, Tami and I have asked one of the Thai teachers from school to teach us Thai once a week. Kruu (teacher) Meow is one fun girl! She is very patient with this tone deaf student and is always coming up with fun things to do with us! We have been meeting every Monday since around the end of September.

This is part 1 of my story that I wrote and then memorized in Thai to share for one class.
I talked about this made up person "Sarah" I said how old she was and what country she was from. I shared what food she liked/ didn't like and where she is going to school. She is studying to be a nurse.

Part 2 of my story about "Sarah." She wants to get a pink house and right now she has a yellow bedroom and green car.  She watches TV at night with her glasses on and she doesn't like studying Japanese. :)
 Great story huh!?!? Yes, I shared it all in Thai!


Kruu Meow likes having us play games as we review information. She has brought a magnetic dart board (answer a question without help and we get to stand closer to the board). One night she made paper fish that we were suppose to blow across the floor...one blow for each right answer. She loves to compete so she gets to play too....
 Here I am trying to blow the fish you can't see!


Kruu Meow...blowing her fish...you can kind of see it...it is light purple




 Tami trying to blow our fish...you can see that Kruu Meow is proud that her fish is so much farther than ours....


Here we are having dinner
I am really enjoying the challenge of learning Thai (speaking it...I can't read or write it..). I still am at the stage that I can speak it to my roommates and teacher but am not usually quick enough to think of the correct thing to say when out shopping etc. 

2 comments:

  1. love the fish game! You'll have to teach me some Thai when you come home this summer!

    ReplyDelete