Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I am here :)

My communication skills have been lacking since I got back to the US of A. 

I have enjoyed eating, laughing, playing games, going to the zoo(s), watching Little League/T-Ball games, parks, reading, sharing, and studying Thai :)

Thai
Yes, I found someone here in Minnesota to help me review my Thai. I meet with her about twice a week for about 1 1/2 hours at her nephew's house. It is going ok, but my head hurts when I am done :) I still don't feel like I can carry on a conversation in Thai, but she says that I can say "Thank You" just like a Thai. 
Two words down....hundreds more to go...

My Book List....
I am still working on my book list and I wanted to share about a couple of the books I am reading right now.

  I decided that it was a great idea to have my mom read me The Hobbit. She decided to add to the fun by reading it to my nephews as well. A couple of times a week we try to all get together to listen to my mom read it. We are almost done; just a couple of chapters left.

I finished reading Crazy Love and would highly recommend it! It challenged and encouraged me all at the same time. It is the kind of book that makes me wish I was better at taking notes while I read. I loved it, but can't tell you in much detail why it was so good. That being said I will just leave you with the one quote I wrote down from the book:
Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers. -Francis Chan

Right now I am finishing reading One Thousand Gifts. It is so very different from most books I like to read. I think it is mainly the style of the author. It has helped me to think about being more thankful and what that means, etc.

Next post will have pictures of my summer adventures...if I can find any...haven't taken many photos :)



1 comment: